Pages

Tuesday 4 January 2011

New Mixed Media cj

Hello blog world
Well it has been a while since I posted anything hasn't it!

I am hosting a mixed media cj on UKS and am having great fun making my little book. Only a front cover so far but i thought I'd share it :)


This started as a chipboard blank. I cut a card copy of the house and cut this into pieces, these were then decorated in a variety of ways. Stamped, inked, painted, misted, embossed, covered in wallpaper etc. They were stuck to the chipboard and I did a bit of faux stiching with a gel pen around the edges. The door and window were chipboard that was painted in a mixture of brown, copper, gold and white paint to give a kind of aged look. The lady in the window was mounted onto a stamped background and the window has acetate 'glass'. This may be one of those occasions where I didn't know when to stop but I quite like the end result! Only inside cover, back and my actual page to do - good job its nearly a month until it travels anywhere :)

Thanks for visiting

Emily

inks used - cheap ones, lol
stamps used - {ippity} and random wood mounted
paints used - reeves acrylics
downloaded image from etsy

3 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

looks great

Poppit said...

Well! Who knew you had another blog?! Lol. Great cover. Love the shape and the stitching.

Debbie H said...

Looks very clever! I'm not that good at inky things!